20th/21st of October
-> Seminar by Kim Youngsam (8d) on Friday, 19th of October.
- 5 rounds MacMahon
- drawing according to EGF-rating
- handicap reduced by 2
- Japanese rules
- 1 hour basic time, progressive Byoyomi (10 Stones/5 min, 15 Stones/5 min, ...)
- 7 Komi
- in case of being late at your board: clocks will be started by a tournament official 5 min after announcement of the pairings. After 15 min, the game will be declared a loss for the missing player and tournament officials will try to find a new opponent for the waiting player to avoid games decided by default
- pre-registration possible here until 07.10.2018
- results and photos will be published online and registered at E.G.D. (European Go Database).
|Without pre-registration||25 €|
|pre-registration until 07.10.2018||-5 €|
|member of a national Go federation||-5 €|
|reduced fee (student, unemployed, pensioner)||-5 €|
|Children under 10 years or players weaker than 25 kyu||0 €|
|Seminar on Friday by Kim Youngsam (8d)||free*|
|Breakfast on Sunday||3,00 €|
* Participation is free of charge but you are welcome to donate towards supporting Kim Youngsam.
17:30 Arrival possible
18:30 Seminar with Kim Youngsam, 8d (see below)
11:30 End of registration (also for pre-registered players!!!)
11:45 Opening ceremony
12:00 1st round
15:30 2nd round
18:30 3rd round
10:00 4th round
13:00 5th round
Price giving: as soon as possible after round 5
(expected around 16:00)
Prices1st place: 200 €
2nd place: 150 €
3rd place: 100 €
1st place U18: 20 €
1st place Women: 20 €
1st place 55+: 20 €
- coupons for 4:1 and 5:0
- Tsumego marathon (see below)
- lightning marathon (see below)
- special prices:
- youngest participant
- furthest journey
- best student
- best newcomer (never played a go tournament before)
- consolation price for 0:5
- tombola: for every defeat a lot with your name is added to the pool
(max. 1 price per person)
Private accommodation possible but limited (definitely pre-register until 10.10.2017!), please bring sleeping bag and sleeping mat.
In other respects, there are two youth hostels and several hotels and pensions in Jena. They are all easily accessible with public transport or by foot (about 30 min from the tournament site to the city centre). You can contact the tournament committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) for help with bookings etc.
Similar to the last years, we have a lovely self-made buffet, where you can get buns, salads, cake, and snacks for a small contribution towards expenses. Around noon, we will also serve a warm dish.
Your physical well-being is guaranteed :)
On Sunday, there will be an all-you-can-eat breakfast featuring coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and buns.
If you want to participate, please get a coupon during your registration for 3,00 €.
Specials and side events
We welcome Kim Youngsam (8d) as our special guest this year. On Friday at 18:30, he will give a 90 min seminar. It is mainly tailored towards kyu players but dan players are welcome to attend as well. The topic has yet to be revealed. Participation is free of charge but you are welcome to donate towards supporting Kim Youngsam.
Catering for the evening will be simple and easy: Buns for self-service.
Once again, we have lots of Tsumego problems for you. The aim is to solve as many problems as possible. There will be prices for the most solved problems in three different groups: double digit kyu (DDK), single digit kyu (SDK) and dan (DAN).
Sunjang baduk lightning marathon:
Since last year, we have a special lightning marathon that you can play in between the rounds! Particularly fast players may like the occasion to play even more Go! :) You can choose your own opponents and the aim is to play as many games as possible. You can win prices for most games played and most wins.
- max. 2 games per opponent
- 15 min time sudden-death
- handicap reduced by 1
- 7,5 Komi
Card- and board-games:
A big box with card- and board-games gives perfect opportunity to overcome the gaps between the rounds and have some fun! :)
Lena Gauthier: email@example.com
03641 / 346 39 28
0157 / 303 918 99